»

Monday, November 07, 2011

Carving Pumpkins and Hair cuts

Craving pumpkins this year was a bit crazy! We decided we would tag team and do hair cuts and pumpkin carving all in one night. It worked, but was defiantly a bit rushed and crazy. We also threw in a surprise rotten pumpkin to go along with our crazy life. We started off by trimming Bella's hair only a inch. She wasn't very excited to get her hair cut but she survived and I think I might trim it again and try some layers in the back. While this was happening Reuben and Isaac were designing Isaac's pumpkin face and getting ready to carve it when I heard gagging noises. Turns out that Isaac's pumpkin was a soupy rotten mess inside and it smelled like an animal had died inside the pumpkin. So Isaac had to wait until Mom (who has an iron stomach) could clean out his pumpkin. So while Isaac's rotten pumpkin waited outside I cut Isaac's hair and Bella and Reuben carved her pumpkin. Once hair cuts were done and the kids were cleaned up I tackled Isaac's rotten pumpkin and then carved our big pumpkin. Even thought it was very crazy night it all turned out great and we made some interesting family pumpkin carving memories.
Me cutting hair
Bella checking out her pumpkin (dont you love that hugh knife right in front of her)

Reuben carving the night away
Isaac was so proud of his pumpkin
Isaac helping me carve my pumpkin
Silly kids with one happy pumpkin and one scary pumpkin
the finished pumpkins

0 comments: