»

Monday, January 26, 2009

Potty Training

We are officially potty training Isaac! He has been in underwear since the 8th of January. The first day was a disaster. Isaac wet through every pair of underwear and pants we had no matter how many times we took him to the potty. The second day was much better with only one accident and the rest of the week followed with one accident a day. After the second week we were accident free, even at church and at the store. He is even taking his naps in his big boy underwear. The third week has gotten even better, Isaac now tells us when he needs to go and has no problem going number 2 or as he likes to call it snakes in toilet. Now all we need is to have him be able to do it all by himself and not need any help getting on and off the toilet or getting his pants up and down.




8 comments:

Heidi Miller

Snake in the toilet!!! That is hilarious! Congrats on Potty Training! We are officially starting, no going back, this Friday. I am so scared, but excited too! :o)

heather

Awesome!! the "snake in the toilet" is hilarious! We are still trying to get gabe to just go by himself. He was doing it when we first started, but now, he doesn't do it anymore. He runs up to me and tells me he has to go so I take him. If you can think of any cool ideas to get Isaac to go by himself let me know.

Melissa Lasley

I started trying with Eli again today. Like you, accidents every time. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)

Pals Place

Sounds like Isaac picked up on it real quick! Addie still wants us to go with her even though she can go potty by herself so I wouldn't be too worried if he doesn't want to go by himself yet.

Corey

Way to go Isaac! It's funny, Hyrum has been potty-trained since May and even though he knows how to go all by himself and doesn't need help in the bathroom, he always feels it's necessary to annouce to me that he has to go the the bathroom and insists that I go there with him or at least be with in eye sight. I think it has to do with all of the training he went though in the beginning with the constant questioning and us feeling like we need to help them. I guess they just get used to it and even though they can physically do it by themselves they like the comfort of us being there for support. Funny because when I'm in the bathroom, I like to be ALL ALONE! I'm sure they'll outgrown this soon like we all do.

Ran Ragged by Boys

That is funny that Isaac said that they are "snakes in the toilet" because Ian did and sometimes still does call it that. Greyson is slowly getting use to the potty training thing. I think that I just need to buckle down and get it done but I'm not quite sure if he is ready just yet. Congrats though it sounds like it went pretty well. He looks so grown up now in his "chonies"

Samantha Fife

Yay! MIchaela is almost done too! I really wanted to be all the way done by her 2nd birthday, and it looks like a possibility! I love the "snakes in the toilet!" though - thats an original!

OneBrilliantGirl

Yay Issac!!