»

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Working Hard

Since we have been back from Christmas break we have been trying to finish some home projects so we can put our house on the market for sale. Our goal was to have everything done by next week and so far I have been very impressed with what we have accomplished. First thing on our list to get done was our back door. If you remember we use to have old broken tile in front of our back door. Well not any more! We tore out the old stuff and put in new vinyl flooring. We also fixed the corner wall and added some molding( you will understand when you look at the pictures). We also got rid of our hideous wooden mailbox and put up a new light fixture above our front door. Now all we have left is painting and cleaning our carpets and we will be all done! So if any of you want to buy a super cute home in Iowa ours will be for sale next week.
Before and After

Our new mailbox

New molding

7 comments:

Stephanie

Nicely done! Good luck selling the house - that doesn't sound too fun. But it is a darling place, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble!

Corey

I hope all goes well with your house being on the market and that it sells quickly. Just price it right and I'm sure it'll do fine. You're smart to put it up early though, considering our economy right now. Good luck and we can't wait to see you back in Seattle!

Lindsey

Yay cuz you are moving back to Seattle right? Did you know we moved back? We just moved here on Wednesday. We are in Sammamish (by Bellevue). Maybe we can start up a little wedding flowers business together! I've been thinking of getting my business license and doing some weddings. Anyway, it will be fun to all hang out again!

Melissa Lasley

The house looks great! Horray at finishing your list.

Pals Place

Looks great! It's fun when you get to fix up the house to sell to someone else! Good luck selling it!

Anonymous

Glad to see you're working hard! We're getting ready to sell too, and I'm already stressed out. I would definitely love to talk with you guys about the whole selling process.

I love your Christmas photos! You have such a beautiful family! The pictures really turned out great.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun

We are getting our place ready to sell as well - it isn't that much fun! We have been painting and have two rooms left that will be done by the end of the week. Then we need to clean our carpets and get the last of the clutter out!
Good luck selling your place!